We’re Cat Friendly!
Does your cat dread veterinary visits, with all the unusual smells, sounds, and barking dogs? Does the whole veterinary experience throw her—and you—into a frenzy? This is the case for many cat owners, which then causes them to skip their feline friends’ veterinary visits entirely. As a result, those cats don’t get the proper care they need. At Advanced Pet Care of Clear Lake, we LOVE cats, and we want to help make their veterinary visits as comfortable and peaceful as possible. That’s why we sought and earned certification as a Cat Friendly Practice®.
What Is a Cat Friendly Practice®?
Being certified as a Cat Friendly Practice® means more than just being friendly with cats. It also means that our staff is specially trained to handle the unique needs of felines and that our practice/team:
- Creates a calming environment for cats with the use of synthetic feline facial pheromones
- Understands feline-specific behavior and facial cues
- Implements Feline-Friendly Handling Guidelines
- Has separate waiting areas for cats
- Develops treatments plans that are customized to your cat’s specific needs, behaviors, and preferences
- Handles cats in a gentle manner with a slow approach
- Is trained to know how to identify and address feline signs of fear or anxiety
Why Choose a Cat Friendly Practice®?
By bringing your cat to Advanced Pet Care of Clear Lake, you can be confident that your cat will be well-cared-for by people who genuinely have her best interest at heart. Please feel free to let us know about any questions or concerns you have about your feline, whether it’s with behaviors that occur at home or during travel. As a Cat Friendly Practice®, we can provide counseling on a number of cat-specific issues, including:
- Acclimating your cat to her carrier
- Fear from being moved out of her comfort zone
- General anxiety and stress
- Traveling in a vehicle
- Sensitivity to unusual sounds, sights, and smells
If you’d like to learn more about how our certification as a Cat Friendly Practice® benefits you and your feline friend, please feel free to give us a call at (281) 486-1509. We’ll be glad to help!